Painswick Golf ClubAttractions
- All The Family
- Under 5s
- School Age
Painswick Golf Club is located close to Painswick, near Stroud, Gloucester and Cheltenham in the Cotswolds. It is of unique design, with an outstanding back drop to the Malvern Hills, Brecon Beacons and Cotswold Slad Valley. Founded in 1891, the 18 hole ridge-top course has an out and back format. Fine views of the Severn Valley to the Malvern Hills, Brecon Beacons and Cotswold Slad Valley. A short course that requires accuracy.
If you’re looking for your next golfing challenge, then here at Painswick you’ll find a course that will be entertaining for both beginners and the seasoned golfer. The club has a nice relaxed atmosphere, that’s not intimidating, and offers a range of packages, whether you’re visiting for the day or wanting to join for the long term.
After you’ve enjoyed your wonderful round of golf, why not come into the welcoming and relaxed bar for a drink or something delicious to eat. Let our on-site catering team quench your thirst and satisfy your appetite. We offer a home cooked approach to catering. (Closed on Monday).
The clubhouse features a terrace with wonderful views over the Painswick Valley towards the historical Slad Valley (Laurie Lee and ‘Cider with Rosie’ countryside), overlooking the 18th hole.
- There are changing facilities for both men and ladies includes showers in both locker rooms
- Alongside the 18 hole course, there's a putting green, together with a warm up net and chipping green
- The bar is open 6 days per week and provides hot and cold drinks including good real ales (as advertised in ‘The Tippler’ real ale magazine), a varied selection of quality wines
- A wide range of hot and cold bar snacks are available from early morning until dusk
- There's access to free WiFi for business and pleasure
- The Waypoint Bar and Restaurant offers British cuisine, vegetarian Friendly and vegan options
- Restaurant features outdoor seating, waiting staff, highchairs available, wheelchair accessible, serves alcohol
Waypoint Bar and Restaurant opening hours:
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday - Saturday: 9am - 4pm
Golf course open dawn until dusk